Friday, February 24, 2006

A Real short story...

This is a true story.

From my last two posts you people must have understood the fact that I am a true Revolutionist and I just can't tolerate any kind of injustice in the society.

My craziness to change this society took me to a remote village in Jharkhand, where tribal people live. Their society is so unfair to the weaker sections.. I just couldn't tolerate it (thanks to the revolutionist inside me!!!) All of them were silly, but their head (kabile ka sardar in typical bollywood style) was always calm. Whenever I used to get frustrated and angry with their customs, i would go to him straight and would start telling very very rash words. I could see the uneasiness on his face... Sometimes he warned me too for dire consequences, but you know when going gets tough, the tough (me :P ) gets going!! However, I must appreciate the fact that he remained almost always very calm and never got angry.

It was almost a year. One day I again got infuriated and was extremely angry. I went to the head and started as usual. He was again very calm, and said may be I need a herbal drink. Herbal drink and me!!!! Never!! I don’t believe in these medicines... He said it would make me calm... And I drank... (Not because I believed him but because its taste was real good :P). After drinking I slept for how many days I don’t know!!

I woke up and decided enough was enough and I should return my sweet home...In my way back, I noticed that the herb was magnificent. I could understand what animals and even trees were saying!! That was awesome!!!

I heard birds singing...

“Once upon a time...
We had a rascal passing by
Who had a mouthorgan
The source of our headache
And never sounded fine"

I smiled “well I am back!!!""
When I reached my home, I found trees talking in my garden.

“Once upon a time
We had a goodfella
Who gave us life
Who used to water us daily
And loved us a lot
Like his child"

I smiled “well I am back!!!"
After reaching home, I thought lets take a bath. After seeing the mirror in my bathroom I couldn't stop saying

“Once upon a time
I used to see a person in this mirror
Posing and smiling
Who used to think of himself
A real lady-killer!!!”

Somebody laughed aloud and said “well dear! You are back!!!"

13 Comments:

Blogger Avinash singh said...

hmm..true story.. gd one..

u will hv to wait a bit for actual "true" comments..

5:33 AM  
Blogger Psycho McCrazy said...

hmm kone-wala phull tempo mein blogging. good hai :D

nice one btw.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U r BACK!!! :))

what a story... as confusing as it can be but in the end u managed to get all this appreciation because of d ending.

gd one
mujhe the little prince n book of sand yaad aa raha hai aaj

6:08 AM  
Blogger bp said...

Seems confused?? Your earlier blogs were better comparatively :))
At least they made some sense. Kindly make yourself simple.. so that lesser mortals like me can understand what is going on....Keep blogging

8:58 PM  
Blogger saurabh said...

well friends.. i agree that this short story is very vague and you can have your own interpretation.. I want you people to tell me about your interpretation of it..
waise when i wrote it i had one simple story in my mind.. Let's see who can guess what it was!!

Hint: Last paragraph..

luv to see ya all
suru/kone-wala/khabru..

9:12 PM  
Blogger saurabh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Avinash singh said...

i bet u were thinking abt "always pretending" human beings/U ...

anyway i think.. the significance of the herb is like the apple of adam n eve story...

n towards the end that somebody who laughed is real U.. n all the while u were not hearing what the birds/trees (nature) were saying.. u were listening to the real U...

n hey... why the hell did u bring that mouthorgan into ur post???

10:35 AM  
Blogger saurabh said...

Thnx avi for trying..

Nice description..I liked ur interpretation.. and its a possible interpretation..
well, it was not my original idea.. i thought something else.. but it seems urs explanation is better :P

and mouthorgan is there coz i luv it.. and same for the trees!!!!

thnx for commenting..
luv ya
suru

10:52 AM  
Blogger Avinash singh said...

hmmm.. k let me think more n i will try another way of looking at it..

n hey in ur links section provide links for my blog page also so that gud ppls reading urs blog may stumble on mine also...

avi

10:21 PM  
Blogger Psycho McCrazy said...

you have been tagged. check my blog for details

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whn r u gonna update it ?

8:33 PM  
Blogger sonik said...

What place was dat?

7:21 AM  
Blogger saurabh said...

@sonik
I know you are from Ranchi..
Believe me.. the place has no significance...
thnx for commenting

suru

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home